PDA

View Full Version : Tasty Titanium Metallic

Pete Hitesman
09-04-2012, 04:28 PM
From the Mono Twitter feed:678

Wow, seeing it on the configurator was yawn, seeing this in real life (via photo) is Dang!

7racer
02-09-2013, 05:11 PM
I love the color. Would love to see other colors in the flesh and not just on the configurator! I am seriously debating on getting this car.

Pete Hitesman
02-17-2013, 07:33 AM
I love the color. Would love to see other colors in the flesh and not just on the configurator! I am seriously debating on getting this car.

Wouldn't it be great to see all the color choices lined up in a row? So far all the US ordered cars are white. Except for mine :D I switched from white -> black -> Orange w/visible (matte) carbon.

Would you be driving it on track only? Or get it licensed and street-drive it?

7racer
02-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Yes! I wish they would post more of their UK pics of their production cars to get a better sense of the colors available.
I think white looks fantastic but if everyone has one...meh! Black/orange would be great!

I do want to license it and drive it to the track. That's what has me really interested in the car. While you can trailer it and bring race rubber, there is something nice about just getting to the track and driving!

what options did you spec out?

Pete Hitesman
02-19-2013, 12:27 PM
I spec'ed the

Cockpit Adj Brake Bias
2-Way Shocks
Master kill switches
Tow Eyes
Fire Extinguisher
Remote Battery Charge
Cockpit Tonneau cover

Also the jack pending confirmation it is a mechanical leverage type lift (like F1 jack)

I've trailered and driven to the track, pro/cons to each of course. You've considered the looky-loo, traffic-stopping attention you will be getting if you drive this on the road? :D What track do you drive to?

7racer
02-21-2013, 08:35 PM
MSR, Eagles Canyons...and will be running the Circuits of American in Austin (where they had the F1 race). So mostly local.

not looking for attention though I know I will get it...probably mostly WTF looks. I drive a Tesla and flat wrapped GT-R so also get attention in that. (and a new electric motorcycle...Brammo R).

nice specs! I really want this car. Do you have an ETA?

Pete Hitesman
02-25-2013, 05:41 PM
MSR, Eagles Canyons...and will be running the Circuits of American in Austin (where they had the F1 race). So mostly local.

not looking for attention though I know I will get it...probably mostly WTF looks. I drive a Tesla and flat wrapped GT-R so also get attention in that. (and a new electric motorcycle...Brammo R).

nice specs! I really want this car. Do you have an ETA?

Wow, COTA looks like it would be so much fun, I am jealous! One of the deposit holders at the SM event has a Tesla as well. GT-R vs Mono = total opposites in so many ways. A local friend has a GT-R, sooo fast.

ETA is currently now looking like June :(

supra2nv
05-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Wouldn't it be great to see all the color choices lined up in a row? So far all the US ordered cars are white. Except for mine :D I switched from white -> black -> Orange w/visible (matte) carbon.

Would you be driving it on track only? Or get it licensed and street-drive it?

funny, I went from robot white, to black...stuck there currently. if I had orange id put a "01" on the side lol.

Pete Hitesman
05-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Lol...

I just switched from Orange back to Gunmetal. I was at Black before Gunmetal...haha.

Looking forward to seeing yours if you stay black, going to be awesome looking!

supra2nv
05-19-2013, 08:55 PM
for sure staying black. I'm a physics guy. how can you not like black? lack of photons. all you see is a reflection via clear coat...its a dull mirror. ~4% reflection. I like Feynman sorry lol. Gunmetal is my 2nd choice...very tough not to go for...reminds me of a freaking f16 dog fighter. you get my "01" reference? :) one thing about black is it will hide a lot of detail the car has. but so be it...car is crazy enough and im buying the thing for me...and I will see the detail I wanna see.
Lol...

I just switched from Orange back to Gunmetal. I was at Black before Gunmetal...haha.

Looking forward to seeing yours if you stay black, going to be awesome looking!

supra2nv
05-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Pete, on the FT86 board I'm on, they have these cool color compilation threads. so you go to black, you see all black cars. I'm thinking this site needs it as well? problem is, content is very thin.