PDA

View Full Version : what helmet you going with?

supra2nv
06-08-2013, 03:20 PM
I decided on the Schuberth SF1 Carbon:)

supra2nv
06-16-2013, 09:56 AM
I decided on the Schuberth SF1 Carbon:)

getting fitted on Tuesday by Schuberth North America on this SF1. It seems to be a very safe helmet. I guess the review Schumacher, Massa, and my buddy gave me on the helmet steered me to this brand. Look up Massa spring accident...

Pete Hitesman
06-18-2013, 06:25 AM
I'd love to hear how the fitment/order process goes? Post up the details and pics? Schuberth is first class protection for sure. I tried desperately to buy one last fall but the US distribution people were still figuring out the sales process and I could not reach a competent person to order one from until after I had already ordered a Stilo ST4F1. Sounds like you found the rep though :-)

Open cockpit cars mean strong, serious face protection for the driver. Here in the west, lots of rocks on track. Otherwise there are the nuts/bolts (and exhaust parts if you are driving Laguna). For sure more important than it has ever been to *invest* in a very high quality helmet. Good on you for choosing the top of the line!

supra2nv
06-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Ok, I bought my helmet via a dealer in Arizona, and I'm working with Schuberth North America locally on the fitment. I can get you info if you like, shoot me a pm. Phil at Schuberth brought over some samples today, and even though my first choice is black (I love black, lack of photons, all you see is reflection of light), my son and daughter, oh, and my wife, and phil, helped me decide on the glossy carbon haha:)

here is my son making a case for the Carbon Fiber Gloss... lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y6JNnzyR6g

supra2nv
06-18-2013, 05:58 PM
and here we are debating on all the samples haha:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKci9j2k8p4

my little girl ends it with "I like the Glossy Carbon." so as much as I love black, I ordered Glossy Carbon lol.

here is an interior walk around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SKpR0oNPNo

7racer
06-18-2013, 08:46 PM
those are nice! you're kids are a riot!

I have a Sparco WTX 9W air that I like a lot.

I have a friend that drives a 911 that had his custom painted but still showed the CF thru. Really looks great. If you are choosing, why not get the bare and some custom graphics just for you. Maybe some names of your kids on the helmet somewhere!

supra2nv
06-19-2013, 01:00 AM
those are nice! you're kids are a riot!

I have a Sparco WTX 9W air that I like a lot.

I have a friend that drives a 911 that had his custom painted but still showed the CF thru. Really looks great. If you are choosing, why not get the bare and some custom graphics just for you. Maybe some names of your kids on the helmet somewhere!
thanks for the compliment on the kids...they do crack me up. seriously they remind me of abbot and Costello lol:)

sparco looks amazing. the weave pattern on the carbon is most interesting to me. love it.

great idea on the custom. I plan on going with the stock carbon glossy as lauren requested, then we will work on a design over time and then order another maybe:) can always have two styles for different occasions no? kids names is a great idea. probably do that with some physics/mathematics on there...pi, phi, something geeky...something robotic lol...:)

will be fun to hear about everyone's choices here. the helmet decision was really tough for me, so many nice models out there!

Pete Hitesman
06-19-2013, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the videos! The kids are great. All good choices. Me being Mr. Practical, keep thinking about black/open cockpit/sun. Don't want a white paint job, but man, black is going to contribute to a heatstroke while in he paddock/release queue?

supra2nv
06-19-2013, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the videos! The kids are great. All good choices. Me being Mr. Practical, keep thinking about black/open cockpit/sun. Don't want a white paint job, but man, black is going to contribute to a heatstroke while in he paddock/release queue?

thank you for the compliment:) love those critters haha. I know what you mean but I want to match the black car:) it will be fine, I will turn on the AC:)

supra2nv
06-23-2013, 03:19 PM
I had ordered black, everything was packed up, I had Phil from Schuberth at my house for hours, we went through fitting, and also color options. I chose black! my son comes home, I ask Phil to show him the helmets to confirm Black is the way to go....

http://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=VgZf_x_klgg&video_referrer=watch&ns=1