PDA

View Full Version : Who has cars ordered, and who has cars already?

Tom F
01-07-2014, 08:53 PM
We are a small group and should share information practically those who have cars.

Those who have cars, would be very interested to here. I liked AA121 Post, any others?

The U.S. has not had any cars delivery as of this Point I believe.
Not much action on this forum yet...

Pete Hitesman
01-08-2014, 06:13 AM
Hi Tom!

2013 was not much fun for Mono deposit holders (me), but it's looking like 2014 will be "the" year for us. I'm currently set for an April delivery, but I was set for multiple deliveries last year as well :-(

Do you have your deposit/payment placed?

Tom F
01-08-2014, 09:52 AM
Pete,

Working on purchase. Will need more seat time in the car...

7racer
01-25-2014, 11:51 AM
I've been holding off waiting to see what US customers reviews were plus the uncertain time frame.

Did you call Sector 111 for a test drive?

Tom F
01-26-2014, 07:45 PM
I Had Already did a short street drive. Did the deposit last week, and now for more seat time. Some Track time next.

supra2nv
02-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Yes, I even bought a helmet already lol

I'm being told July 2014 delivery:))))))
http://youtu.be/PcdE48H_Ohw

Pete Hitesman
02-11-2014, 07:22 AM
Yes, I even bought a helmet already lol

I'm being told July 2014 delivery:))))))
http://youtu.be/PcdE48H_Ohw

Wow! That is a great looking helmet! Best investment we'll ever make, top of the line helmets. July, awesome!

Tom F
02-16-2014, 07:25 PM
supur 2. Where in California do you live? I have another test drive track in March..

Still looking at helmets, like hybrids so can have most open for slow street driving. also like big bubble types for max viewing. I have 9 -10 months to decide.

Pete Hitesman
02-17-2014, 09:03 AM
Still looking at helmets, like hybrids so can have most open for slow street driving. also like big bubble types for max viewing. I have 9 -10 months to decide.

Hi Tom- something to consider- many hybrid style helmets are Snell "M" (Motorcycle)(M2005/M2010) rated and you won't be allowed by the event host at an on-track driving event unless it's "SA" (SA2005/SA2010) rated. Also, big bubbles give a large visor area to be impacted by thrown up road debris. That's why F1 style helmets have very small eyeports, greater protection afforded by the smaller (vulnerable) visor area.

I totally understand the comfort aspects you are seeking, however it's good to consider all sides (lol) of this issue :-)

7racer
02-20-2014, 07:13 PM
I can't remember but I thought someone posted that at speed, your head gets buffeted around. Kinda like the bobble head effect when motorcycle riding.

Need more of those F1 helmets that have those aero elements in the rear.

supra2nv
03-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Wow! That is a great looking helmet! Best investment we'll ever make, top of the line helmets. July, awesome!
Pete, My buddy had a bad motorcycle accident in NY and he said his Schuberth saved his life. since then I researched the brand and the more i looked into it the more impressed I got. it was Schumacher's choice of helmet, and the Massa spring accident was one of the things that really convinced me, talk about R&D (Massa gets hit in the helmet with a spring then crashes into a tire wall)...looks of the helmet are just gravy to me. the Company improved the helmet after this accident...but im with you, it's reallllly good looking! I'm not saying other helmets are not good, I'm just saying this was the one I felt safest with given the history of the product...

Massa accident
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAbQLkgbFeA

Schuberth promo video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovzzlSN4JKk

AA121
03-07-2014, 02:03 AM
I can't remember but I thought someone posted that at speed, your head gets buffeted around. Kinda like the bobble head effect when motorcycle riding.

Need more of those F1 helmets that have those aero elements in the rear.

I've found if you try and rest your head backwards against the headrest it does feels more uncomfortable in terms of aerodynamics and by doing this have experienced "bobble head" as you aptly describe. However, if you just relax and let your head "sit" on your shoulders so it is slightly further forward there is much less effect, if any at all. The reason could be something to do with the air finding it's way into the intake above your head after travelling over the surface of the car and your helmet and are probably pretty obvious if you happen to be an aerodynamicist - but I'm not so can only try and tell you what it feels like....................."bobble head" is as good as a description as I've heard!!!

supra2nv
03-07-2014, 07:48 AM
Who ordered visible carbon option?

Pete Hitesman
03-08-2014, 06:45 AM
Who ordered visible carbon option?

Hand raised :-)

supra2nv
03-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Hand raised :-)
ditto:) you have great taste haha...I also recently asked Shinoo to add the ceramic brakes option as well to my car...have thoughts on those?

supra2nv
03-10-2014, 08:58 AM
supur 2. Where in California do you live? I have another test drive track in March..

bro I'm in Los Angeles:)...my Scion FRS (GT86) is currently at Crawford Performance in your neck of the woods haha!

Pete Hitesman
03-10-2014, 01:38 PM
ditto:) you have great taste haha...I also recently asked Shinoo to add the ceramic brakes option as well to my car...have thoughts on those?

I have a lot of track experience with both Porsche PCCB and the Surface Transforms rotors (as Mono will use) in aftermarket brake systems (MovIt). The ST rotors are AWESOME. Honestly the only drawback is added cost, everything else is more better :-)

supra2nv
03-10-2014, 04:09 PM
I have a lot of track experience with both Porsche PCCB and the Surface Transforms rotors (as Mono will use) in aftermarket brake systems (MovIt). The ST rotors are AWESOME. Honestly the only drawback is added cost, everything else is more better :-)
I love "MOARRRRR better" lol:) I'm more about the savings in unsprung weight and I believe it's 5lbs'ish per corner? $14k for the option is pretty costly but i'm going for it unless something weird come up in testing...

7racer
04-09-2014, 07:18 PM
anyone get their cars yet?

Tom F
04-13-2014, 04:34 PM
I think only one on here has a car. AA121. Others of us still Waiting.

All of us here in the US will get our cars this year Hopefully.

Tom

AA121
04-15-2014, 05:33 AM
My car is on it's way to Top Gear Live in Barbados if anyone wants to see it "in the flesh"???

Pete Hitesman
04-16-2014, 05:37 AM
My car is on it's way to Top Gear Live in Barbados if anyone wants to see it "in the flesh"???

That's a heck of an opportunity! :p

Barbados/Mono :cool:

Unfortunately I'll have to settle for seeing both on TV...lol. But if someone makes it there please start a new thread and post pictures.

Tom F
06-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Yes I saw the car on you tube in May. I guess its broken in now...

AA121
06-09-2014, 12:25 AM

Fantastic week in Barbados........car behaved impeccably but probably not the best surface grip on track for such a light weight car with no driver aids! There are a couple of vids on You Tube with both me and The Stig driving so enjoy.

Tom F
09-04-2014, 07:10 PM
We need to have more chats here about our Mono's.

Cars are being Delivered, but maybe owner don't know about this site?

Maybe BAC needs to let customer know about this site?