Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Pictures and Video

  1. #11
    Administrator Pete Hitesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Reno NV
    Posts
    67

    BAC Mono Hot Lap of Spa -Francorchamps

    Finally we get to see a hot lap on a track that is well known. So taking into account 1. Driver used the "official" track-out areas of the course as opposed to many videos you see where cars are many feet out from, and beyond, the track out, 2. Driver was impeded twice, last one severely and 3. Traction seemed severely compromised to my eyes, lot of trouble keeping the car hooked up (tires? cold ambient temps? I don't know the reason), I measured a 2:42 lap. That is fully respectable.

    What do you think about this lap?



  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    30
    hello all. want to say hi, and Shinoo has my deposit lol.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvVh675fVJ0
    Last edited by supra2nv; 05-19-2013 at 11:16 PM.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hitesman View Post
    Finally we get to see a hot lap on a track that is well known. So taking into account 1. Driver used the "official" track-out areas of the course as opposed to many videos you see where cars are many feet out from, and beyond, the track out, 2. Driver was impeded twice, last one severely and 3. Traction seemed severely compromised to my eyes, lot of trouble keeping the car hooked up (tires? cold ambient temps? I don't know the reason), I measured a 2:42 lap. That is fully respectable.

    What do you think about this lap?


    that is the same car that there was a youtube vid on the Nurbergring where he has what looks like lift off oversteer. Not sure if just at speed the front gets light? Surprised by all the steering input needed.

    Pete any of that on your test drives or feed back from the European owners?

  4. #14
    Administrator Pete Hitesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Reno NV
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by supra2nv View Post
    hello all. want to say hi, and Shinoo has my deposit lol.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ZlOtVlDHQ
    Welcome! New video too, hadn't seen that one. Congrats on being crazy enough to join the Mono Club.

    Quote Originally Posted by 7racer View Post
    that is the same car that there was a youtube vid on the Nurbergring where he has what looks like lift off oversteer. Not sure if just at speed the front gets light? Surprised by all the steering input needed.

    Pete any of that on your test drives or feed back from the European owners?
    Yes, same red Mono, one of the initial deliveries along with the white one. Funny you mention the lift off oversteer because after seeing that video and the spin, I though the rev-match on the downshift was not calibrated and I was afraid of (clutchless) downshifts while threshold braking coming into corners. I asked Shinoo about it and he clarified that incident (near instant spin right before turn in) was actually the result of the brake bias being set too much to the rear. Remember, both that red and white car are rental cars and folks may be mucking with controls they are not qualified to muck with, or setup might not be as diligent as with an personally owned car. Not meaning my comment to cast any aspersions on the rental company, I've never heard a bad word about them, just guessing.

    When I drove Shinoo's car paced at 5/10's pace at SM, it was perfectly neutral, no hint of a twitchy rear end. Nor should there be anything but benign handling given the design and engineering of the car.

    Yeah, in that video above he is really making good use of the steering :-). I still suspect a cold track and a cold day and maybe well worn tires in addition. But those are not facts anybody has made me aware of, just guessing (again).

  5. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hitesman View Post
    Welcome! New video too, hadn't seen that one. Congrats on being crazy enough to join the Mono Club.

    .
    thanks man. Yeah I took that video with my boy when we went to sign for the mono. figured I want to sign in person, more fun than sticking it in the pony express lol. as far as being crazy enough to buy a mono? I always say to people, better crazy than ordinary lol...
    Last edited by supra2nv; 05-20-2013 at 05:41 AM.

  6. #16
    Administrator Pete Hitesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Reno NV
    Posts
    67

    BAC Mono Death Valley

    Woo-hoo! Here it is, the Top Gear - Death Valley - BAC Mono picture shoot/article:

    http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/bac...ley-2013-04-22

    This photoshoot was done a few days after our Spring Mountain event with Shinoo and his car. Same car in the photo shoot. The story is in the captions beneath each photo. Great eyecandy!

  7. #17
    Administrator Pete Hitesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Reno NV
    Posts
    67

    "Horst and the BAC Mono"

    Amazing spy video of half-man, half-horse driving the BAC Mono.


  8. #18
    Administrator Pete Hitesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Reno NV
    Posts
    67
    Found on the Pistonheads forum - attribution to "JoeMk1". Raw Mono chassis in manufacturing shop of "Caged Laser Engineering" in Frome UK. Thought the hardcore might enjoy:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	060.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	90.8 KB 
ID:	34

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by pete hitesman View Post
    amazing spy video of half-man, half-horse driving the bac mono.

    nice!!!!!!

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10
    The rear tires are mounted wrong haha

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/willysm...0746/lightbox/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •