Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has cars ordered, and who has cars already?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hitesman View Post
    Wow! That is a great looking helmet! Best investment we'll ever make, top of the line helmets. July, awesome!
    Pete, My buddy had a bad motorcycle accident in NY and he said his Schuberth saved his life. since then I researched the brand and the more i looked into it the more impressed I got. it was Schumacher's choice of helmet, and the Massa spring accident was one of the things that really convinced me, talk about R&D (Massa gets hit in the helmet with a spring then crashes into a tire wall)...looks of the helmet are just gravy to me. the Company improved the helmet after this accident...but im with you, it's reallllly good looking! I'm not saying other helmets are not good, I'm just saying this was the one I felt safest with given the history of the product...

Massa accident
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAbQLkgbFeA

Schuberth promo video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovzzlSN4JKk
    Last edited by supra2nv; 03-07-2014 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7racer View Post
    I can't remember but I thought someone posted that at speed, your head gets buffeted around. Kinda like the bobble head effect when motorcycle riding.

Need more of those F1 helmets that have those aero elements in the rear.
    I've found if you try and rest your head backwards against the headrest it does feels more uncomfortable in terms of aerodynamics and by doing this have experienced "bobble head" as you aptly describe. However, if you just relax and let your head "sit" on your shoulders so it is slightly further forward there is much less effect, if any at all. The reason could be something to do with the air finding it's way into the intake above your head after travelling over the surface of the car and your helmet and are probably pretty obvious if you happen to be an aerodynamicist - but I'm not so can only try and tell you what it feels like....................."bobble head" is as good as a description as I've heard!!!

Who ordered visible carbon option?

Quote Originally Posted by supra2nv View Post
    Who ordered visible carbon option?
    Hand raised :-)

Hand raised :-)
    ditto you have great taste haha...I also recently asked Shinoo to add the ceramic brakes option as well to my car...have thoughts on those?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom F View Post
    supur 2. Where in California do you live? I have another test drive track in March..

Still looking at helmets, like hybrids so can have most open for slow street driving. also like big bubble types for max viewing. I have 9 -10 months to decide.
    bro I'm in Los Angeles...my Scion FRS (GT86) is currently at Crawford Performance in your neck of the woods haha!

Quote Originally Posted by supra2nv View Post
    ditto you have great taste haha...I also recently asked Shinoo to add the ceramic brakes option as well to my car...have thoughts on those?
    I have a lot of track experience with both Porsche PCCB and the Surface Transforms rotors (as Mono will use) in aftermarket brake systems (MovIt). The ST rotors are AWESOME. Honestly the only drawback is added cost, everything else is more better :-)

I have a lot of track experience with both Porsche PCCB and the Surface Transforms rotors (as Mono will use) in aftermarket brake systems (MovIt). The ST rotors are AWESOME. Honestly the only drawback is added cost, everything else is more better :-)
    I love "MOARRRRR better" lol I'm more about the savings in unsprung weight and I believe it's 5lbs'ish per corner? $14k for the option is pretty costly but i'm going for it unless something weird come up in testing...

anyone get their cars yet?

I think only one on here has a car. AA121. Others of us still Waiting.

All of us here in the US will get our cars this year Hopefully.

Tom