Thread: US Distributor

US Distributor

BAC Mono cars are imported as semi-knock down kits to Sector111 in Temecula CA where they are assembled per customer specification. Sector111 is the current sole US distributor of the Mono. Shinoo Mapleton (shinoo@sector111.com) is your contact at Sector111.

Shinoo is excellent.

I am really wanting this car but haven't pulled the trigger. If the car needs service, how is that handled? By the distributor?

I'm planning to do my own service, I've worked on cars all my life. A local race shop could easily handle the fluid changes and regular maintenance. Otherwise you'd ship the car back to Sector111. There is no warranty so all repair work is on your dime of course

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hitesman View Post
    I'm planning to do my own service, I've worked on cars all my life. A local race shop could easily handle the fluid changes and regular maintenance. Otherwise you'd ship the car back to Sector111. There is no warranty so all repair work is on your dime of course
    ahhh ok makes sense.

guess it's handy I'm only a little over an hour away from Sector111. I cannot wait to get my hands on this car...

here is a nice blog update on some troubleshooting they are doing. Good to see as I am SUPER worried about problems with the car and having to ship it back to Cali for service.
    http://sector111.blogspot.com/2013/0...shakedown.html

Also, the recent Top Gear comment about some of the fit and finish issues on their first Mono that they had made me worried. I wonder what the Ariel Atoms guys do for service.

Hello, I'm new here, but I have bought things from Sector111 before for my Lotus. They are excellent.